Preventive Care & Wellness Services for Companion Pets
Ask any veterinarian at Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of New Braunfels: Annual check-ups and screenings save animal lives. We encourage a proactive approach to health and advocate regular exams at our clinic to catch illnesses early.
At our hospital, exams are never one size fits all. We make a conscious effort to customize our exams and plans for your pet’s current health and age to ensure they’re receiving optimal care for maximum wellness.
During our wellness exams for your companion animal, we’re thorough and implement a four-point approach:
Our veterinarians begin every exam by visually examination your pet’s skin, mouth, eyes, ears, and nose. By taking a detailed look at your animal’s body, we can check for any signs of illness, injury, or disease.
Utilizing our state-of-art diagnostics tools and laboratory, Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of New Braunfels will provide veterinary care in the following areas:
- Health screenings - Regular health screenings of blood tests, fecal exams, and urinalysis help us establish a baseline for your pet’s health every year.
- Parasite prevention - Parasite protection is paramount for a healthy life, particularly in our state of Texas! We’ll provide your pet with a parasite plan that’s easy to follow for maximum protection.
- Vaccination schedule - Guard your companion from life-threatening illnesses through regular vaccinations. We’ll create a custom schedule for your pet’s immediate health situation.
Wellness Plans for All Ages
To make preventive care all the more easy for you and your pet, Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of New Braunfels is proud to offer comprehensive and affordable wellness plans.
GIVE PUPPIES AND KITTENS A HEALTHY START
We encourage pet owners to bring their puppy or kitten to our clinic as early as six weeks old. This visit will set your pet on the right path by:
- Conducting an initial check for worms and providing treatments if needed
- Checking for overall health from nose to tail
- Providing advice and insight on proper diet for optimal development
- Beginning vaccine boosters to build disease immunity
- Answering any other questions you have about behavior, housebreaking, socialization, and more for your new family member
Let’s keep your companion animal as healthy as possible!
I’m so thankful that I found Chisholm through yelp. They greeted us as soon as we walked in and we went straight into a room. The tech loved on my kitty. I was really impressed with the services our kitty received today. The tech and Dr. Dawson were awesome. I feel confident in my decision to take our kitty there. I highly recommend Chisholm to anyone looking for a vet.
- Stephanie A.
Very friendly and informative. Pleasant surroundings and knowledgeable staff. Would highly recommend.
- Gina G.
Chisholm Trail was very accommodating to our needs. Our dog had an accident with another dog and need stitches. They were able to get us an appointment the same day and perform minor surgery the same afternoon. They gave us a cost estimate with a low and high end. The end cost was the in the middle of the two. Our dog came home in good spirits and seemed well taken care of. What more can you ask for?
- Lauren C.
We had our little Aine spayed here and they gave her the BEST care!! We have visited several vets in the area recently with our animals and feel that this one highly surpasses the others in the professionalism, the knowledge, the care, the follow-up, and just the overall experience! This place comes vet-recommended by another vet in the area (that doesn’t do surgery) and we are forever thankful that this is where we went!! Thank you Chisholm Trail for taking such amazing care of our little fur baby!!